When you’re running a landscape company, much of your business is done off-site. This can sometimes make it difficult to communicate the information back to the central home office for tracking and invoicing purposes. The best mobile landscaping apps can help link mobile crews and the home office so your team can stay up-to-date on your field crew’s progress to bill faster and more efficiently, track time and resources, and make more data-driven adjustments to your business operations.
3 Best Landscaping Business Apps
The landscape business apps we describe below are all used in conjunction with the Arborgold Cloud software. The use of this software with these business apps helps to consolidate all of your landscape business’ information, scheduling, billing, resource management, communication, and operations into a single platform.
Each of the Arborgold apps is exactly what each mobile crew member needs—no more, no less. That means a simple job tracking for crews, work order management for crew leaders, and a mobile estimator for your sales reps or estimators.
Mobile Sales Estimator
One of the most powerful landscaping business apps is the mobile sales estimator. This app lets your sales or estimating crew access all messages and appointments instantly, view customer history, design a service estimate, include CAD drawings or photos of a property, and send the estimate on-site.
- Customer Database. Don’t worry about printing off notes or dragging along a customer file; the sales estimator allows you to access the entire customer database in just a few quick clicks. Not only will you be able to see the customer’s full contact information, but you’ll also have access to proposals, work orders, completed jobs, messages, and appointment history in one easy-to-use platform. Any edits you make on-site will be immediately and automatically uploaded to the Arborgold Cloud Software so your entire team can always work off of the most up-to-date information.
- Mobile Estimates & Proposals. Generate detailed proposals on-site. Access built-in costing information so you never have to reference spreadsheets or inventory price lists. Add CAD drawings, diagrams, or photos. Include equipment needs and service options, and any other details your proposal may need.
- Send in a Click. Don’t leave your customer waiting. In the service industry, we know that the early bird gets the worm—the more responsive you are with potential customers, the more likely you are to land the job. Send your proposals in a click while you’re on site with your client. They can even approve the proposal on-the-spot so you can close the deal and schedule service immediately.
- Create and save new messages from customers, turn messages into appointments, or reassign messages, tasks, or appointments to other reps on-the-go. The home office and other mobile sales reps will receive any updated information immediately so your entire team can stay in-the-know.
- Smart Router. Whether your sales crew is commissioned or salary, you know that time spent in front of clients—not driving from location to location—is the most lucrative to you and your business. The sales estimator app includes a smart router that plans routes and minimizes drive time between appointments to help make your route as efficient as possible.
Mobile Crew App
The Arborgold MobileCrew app is built specifically for your on-site landscaping crews to be able to view job details, track progress, and update any important information using their smartphone or tablet. Since the Arborgold MobileCrew app is linked directly to Arborgold Cloud, this information is available immediately to the rest of your team via mobile app or computer.
- View Job Information. Deliver up-to-the-minute job information to your crew through this landscaping mobile app so there is never any confusion or misunderstanding about the work to be done.
- Time Tracking. Each crew member can punch in and punch out for tracking and payroll. The time tracker also allows crew members to start and stop each job, drive time, shop time, or lunch, so you can track costs efficiently and make adjustments to resources as needed.
- Smart Routes. In the service industry, the less time spent driving, the better. That’s why Arborgold MobileCrew Landscaping App designs a perfect route via an interactive map to minimize drive time while providing your crew members with job information.
- Oversee Operations. Every time your crew punches in or out of a job, it is recorded in real-time in your Arborgold Cloud Software, meaning you can track your crew’s production at any time.
- Update Services, Resources, or Equipment. If any adjustments to services, resources, or equipment needs to be made on-site, your team can do it through the Mobile Crew App. These changes will be updated in your Arborgold Cloud software for up-to-the-minute information, so you can eliminate double entry and prevent any details from falling through the cracks.
- Chemical Tracking. If chemical tracking is required in your area, this mobile landscaping business app helps make tracking easy and efficient by letting your crews update chemicals information on-the-spot, with real-time information received immediately by the office staff.
- Recording Weather Conditions. This mobile app also allows your landscaping crew to record weather conditions on-site. If a rainstorm causes delays, your office staff will see the details immediately in Arborgold Cloud and can do a bulk-reschedule immediately.
QR Code Ready Mobile App
The Arborgold QR Code Ready Mobile App is a simplified app for landscapers on the field, from whom you only need job status and completion.
Knowing the status of your jobs is imperative for billing and scheduling, but with your landscaping crews offsite most of the day, it can be difficult to receive regular updates on work orders. The QR Code Ready Mobile App is simple to use is made specifically for your on-site crews to review work order details, start a work order timer, and mark services complete in real-time.
Here’s how it works:
- Provide your crew with a paper work order. All work orders through Arborgold Cloud will include a QR code.
- Scan the QR code. Your crew will use the mobile app to scan the QR code to view job details.
- Click to start job or skip job. Your crew can choose to start the job (which will start a time tracker) or skip the job.
- Click to complete the job. Once the job is completed, click “complete job,” and the customer’s file will be updated, and time tracking will stop.
This app provides you with important tracking information for your landscaping business, including time spent on jobs so you can be sure you’re tracking costs efficiently, allows you to track where your crews are at any given time, ensure your scheduling is accurate—or see where adjustments need to be made, and have up-to-the-minute information to update staff or clients.
Would you like to learn more about these great landscaping business apps and see how they can improve the efficiency and profitability of your business? Click “Take a Tour” below to view a video tour of Arborgold and its landscaping business apps.