Greenscape landscaping is growing in popularity due to its cost-effective and ecofriendly nature. Commercial and residential clients alike are looking to greenscape landscaping to find ways to reduce waste, help the environment, recycle, and lower the upkeep costs of their property.
There are many benefits to greenscape landscaping, and many residential, commercial, government, and industrial properties are looking to save money and do their part in helping our ecosystem.
The benefits of pitching greenscape landscaping
Greenscaping is the way of the future, and many clients are already making the move to greenscape landscaping their properties. By pitching this service, you can solidify your landscaping business as experts in the field. Showcasing your knowledge about reusing materials, what environmentally safe fertilizers and pesticides are recommended, and how to design and set-up an eco-friendly and beautiful garden or lawn is what will set you apart from your competition.
The best part about pitching greenscape landscaping is that it is a huge value add for your customers. Everyone wants to do their part to help the environment, but most importantly, they will be even more interested in hearing about the cost-savings and efficiencies a greenscape property will bring.
Greenscaping for the environment
When you pitch greenscape landscaping to customers, you will want to focus on the environmental benefits first and foremost. Greenscaping helps the environment in the following ways:
- Switch out plastic materials for compostable materials, such as filtersocks and blankets
- Use mulch to help conserve water and reduce weeds
- Limit fertilizer and water use, choose materials that don’t require heavy water or fertilizers to thrive
- Create onsite compositing
- Spot treat with pesticides, rather than doing the entire area
- Create a plant donation programs where you donate unused plants or flowers from commercial properties to schools or non-profit gardens
- Include recycling bins in the overall plan for big properties
The great thing about a lot of the eco-friendly options, is that when you recycle and reuse items you are not only saving the environment, but you are reducing costs as well.
- Swap out wooden benches, pathways, and signage with long lasting plastic or metal signs and save on having to replace the wood
- Top-dress turf with compost to decrease fertilizer use and irrigation needs
- Use recycled tires/rubber in area requiring hard surfaces such as pathways
- DIY mulch made of woodchips from the property
- Install solar powered lighting
For any eco-friendly solution that requires a bigger investment with a long-term payout, such as solar panel lighting or sprinklers, it’s important that you chart out the investment and return on investment over time to give clients a visual.
Perfecting the proposal
Next, you want to create the perfect proposal. Arborgold Software has a proposal tool that helps you visually outline and mock-up plans for a client. You can include all costs, graphs, and images in your pitch to sell your clients on greenscape landscaping.
Seeing is believing, and it’s important to have everything laid out in proposal forms before you pitch something like greenscape landscaping. Arborgold Software can help you perfect your pitch with software that does the heavy lifting for you. The rest is up to your imagination!